Re: The end (of idiots) is near

From: Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 15:02:20 PST

Bill Humphries writes:

> That's well and good, but what about already existing people, like
> me, who feel at times like I could use a boost to the old IQ? Do I
> have to get implants or something?

Aye, that's the rub. Difficult to envision a transfection vector
quantitative and selective enough to deliver us
postembryomorphogenetically challenged morons without turning us into
a neuroblastoma garden.

I suggest waiting for medical nano (not damn likely, imo), and having
a headfreezing contract (Alcor soon to offer vitrification) as a
backup.

Time is of little significance if you coast towards future at a rate
of one second per second as an inert chunk of glassy tissue below 140
K. (If it's all for naught you've at least made a nice try for ~40 k$
worth of life insurance).