Suffering Heros (was Re: What, no Emergency Fabulizing in Seattle? !)

From: Grlygrl201@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 14:02:07 PST

one of the few movies i saw last year (cinema year) that i didn't forget five
minutes after i walked out of the theatre. if nothing else, i had some fun
identifying which male stereotypes (or just bad habits) were typed as
significant sparring partners. and then there was the relationship with the
girl, which seemed to move thru every form of psychic dysfunction imaginable
(emphasis on territoriality) - more fodder for contemplation. probably not a
good movie for romantics.

if anything, my criticism would be that the symbolism was a little
overstated. but maybe that's a statement in itself.

In a message dated 11/22/00 3:19:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,