Re: NOTA (was Re: nader traitors )

From: Lorin Rivers (lrivers@realsoftware.com)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 18:17:24 PST

At 8:37 PM -0500 11/21/00, Matt Jensen wrote:
>On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, David Crook wrote:
>
>> But, why is voting for no one in a particular race a waste?
>
>Because we can't tell whether you voted for no one because you're making a
>statement, or because you had no opinion. NOTA, even a non-bining
>version, lets you make it clear.

I like it when other people are too lazy to vote. Not voting is not a
protest, it's the non-voter letting me (or that crazy dude down the
street with the "impeach billary" sticker on his cop-like car) choose
for them. Which is fine by me, it makes my vote count more.

What percentage of the national vote would someone have to get to
actually be elected by the majority of eligible voters? Is over 100%?

--

Lorin Rivers 512.263.1233 x712 v Product Manager 512.263.1441 f REAL Software, Inc. mailto:lrivers@realsoftware.com PMB 220 http://www.realsoftware.com 3300 Bee Caves Road, Suite 650 Austin, Texas 78746 REALbasic: the visual, object-oriented BASIC development environment for the Macintosh