Re: [Re: [CNN] Bush 2,909,465; Gore 2,907,722.]

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 12:59:11 PST

> People the age of myself and Jeff are 30+ years from drawing
> Social Security benefits. The trends between now and then which
> will will completely transcend Social Security are much more
> interesting than those which suggest its demographic instability.

All true. But (he said, pulling another arrow from his back) I've found that it's
always better to hope for the best while planning for the worst. I.e., I'm going to
assume that Social Security is going to collapse, and I'm responsible for my own
retirement. If any / all of the positive scenarios occur, then more's the better.

:-)

One thought, though: many productivity-enhancing boosts may also increase risk of
inflation...

jb