Re: nader traitors

From: Chuck Murcko (chuck@topsail.org)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 10:28:07 PPET

cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net wrote:

> What I want to know is this:
> Why is Bush so sure that he has won, when the rest of the nation isn't. I
> got a bad feeling when his publicity guy said "We will prevail." It had a
> wink-like characteristic which seemed to say to me "Don't worry, we've
> rigged it all up just fine."

Mmmm. Let's also see what happens in the three recounting states (NYT
also is showing New Mexico as undecided at this time) if the winner
changes.

Bush has good reason to be sitting smug; recounts as a rule don't find
obvious fraud, though he may get a nasty surprise in FL yet. We've had
some close ones here in the county I'm in, like 70 votes (0.02%), before
and after the recount, and the Libertarian still won.

The real message is in the percentage voter turnout (still only 50%) and
the closeness of the vote. Either of these guys are going to have to
prove they're a winner once they're in office; they're sure not going in
as one from the ballot or our current perceptions of them. 8^)

Remember, in 1960, Nixon and Eisenhower decided together not to pursue
fraud investigations into Cook County IL because the recount (it was
claimed) would take a year. Tables were reversed then, and the dead
voted early, and often.

--
Chuck
Chuck Murcko