Paybacks are a bitch.

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 09:25:02 PST

The most amusing thing about the whole election debacle: after
spending years, millions of taxpayer dollars, and an insane amount of
political / legislative bandwidth doing everything they could to
invalidate Clinton's presidency, the GOP gets a little back. Open
question to the GOP: how does it feel to be bent over in a highly
politicized / partisan effort to have *your* guy prevented from
taking the White House? How about all that goodwill y'all created
with your puritanical witchhunt?

At this point I believe Gore'll take this one, and I'm *darn happy*
that the GOP will get a little back. Even though I'd probably
marginally rather see Bush in office than Gore, for fiduciary and
general size-of-government reasons...

jb