Re: [CNN] Bush 2,909,465; Gore 2,907,722.

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 10:15:54 PST

> My expeiences in the US involved spending a LOT of time waiting for
> appointments as a hospital outpatient. The doctors I encountered wouldnt
> even take the time to explain what was happening to me. On the second visit
> I had to physically jam the door so he couldnt get out before explaining
> what the problem was and what the treatment entailed and what the
> consequences would be

Sounds like an HMO. I'll grant that HMOs suck: my girlfriend is on an HMO and
has been dealing with one persistent but noncritical health issue for *years*
with no resolution through her HMO. OTOH, I can walk into my private doctor's
office any day of the week, sit down, and have a chat with him. That's good
healthcare.

jb