Re: nader traitors

From: JTS - MCDLXXXVI (jts7@duke.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 09:57:41 PPET

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000 cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net wrote:
> What I want to know is this:
> Why is Bush so sure that he has won, when the rest of the nation isn't.

Because the rest of the nation is dumb, as a general rule. Exhibit A:
Palm Beach County. They also don't have squadrons of experienced analysts
employed to observe this sort of thing. He's got smart folks keeping an
eye on it, and most analysts do predict a Bush victory after the recount.
This could change, as Gore gained a lot of ground yesterday over what I
thought would be the case. However, barring a legal challenge the outcome
is fairly certain.

Reasons why the analysts we do have aren't trumpeting it on the airways?
Well, you can only be wrong publically so many times in a 48 hour period
without feeling a little embarassment, maybe.

> I got a bad feeling when his publicity guy said "We will prevail." It
> had a wink-like characteristic which seemed to say to me "Don't worry,
> we've rigged it all up just fine."

That too. I heard Yangkun was down there stuffing boxes and bribing
officials. Or not. It's not always a vast right-wing conspiracy, you
know.

        JTS