Re: apple Sauced again

From: Antoun Nabhan (antoun@arrayex.com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 18:56:35 PPET

It's the nifty GUI stuff - Swing included - that doesn't seem to.

--A.

At 09:55 AM 11/8/00 -0800, Steve Dossick wrote:
>I don't know dude, but I just opened terminal on my MacOS X beta box and
>ran JMeter from the apache project with no troubles. I don't know about
>a browser plugin, but command-line java works just fine...
>
>-s
>
>Antoun Nabhan wrote:

> > Dopey and bleary-eyed beta testers like us, on the other hand, have noticed
> > that the alleged support for Java 2 in the OS X JVM is complete hype at
> > worst and incomplete at best. Our development team sez, and I can't find
> > anything to contradict them, that there is *no* Java 2 JVM, browser plugin
> > or otherwise, for Mac OS prior to X. This, despite the fact that the Java 2
> > spec has been out for the better part of a year now, and Apple is
> > positioning itself such that Net-delivered applications are its great white
> > hope.
> >
> > I'm kind of hoping that one of the FoRKtines verbally pimp-slaps me and
> > tells me that such a JVM does exist, or at least that we installed OS X
> > wrong, but (for once, and perhaps the only time!) my hunch is it won't
> happen.
> > Antoun Nabhan * You may come out of each grueling bout
> > Berkman Center for * all broken and beaten and scarred.
> > Internet & Society * Just have one more try. It's dead easy to
> > die;
> > 617.901.8871 * It's the keepin-on-living that's hard.
>
>--
>Steve Dossick
>Founder and Chief Architect
>iPal
>310-578-8331 (voice)
>310-578-8336 (fax)

Antoun Nabhan
VP of Finance & Business Development, Arrayex, Inc.
617.901.8871

This electronic transmission (and any attached document) is for the sole
use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Any further
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited and may be
punishable by civil or criminal legal action. If you receive this message
in error, please notify me, and destroy the attached message (and all
attached documents) immediately.