Re: Double zeros on a dime

From: Matt Jensen (mattj@newsblip.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 11:45:10 PPET

Ironically, Tecumseh is also known as a sort of patron saint for cadets in
the Naval Academy at Annapolis. Maybe not Tecumseh per se, but a statue
of a Native American they have called Tecumseh for the last hundred years.

http://www.usna.edu/PAO/facts/Tecumse.html

"... Midshipmen offer a left-handed salute in tribute to Tecumseh, and
they toss pennies his way for good luck in exams and athletic contests. "

And if you ever see "Navy Blue and Gold" (1937), you'll see that Tecumseh
not only helps Jimmy Stewart get the girl and win the big game against
Army, he also helps Jimmy clear the name of his father, a naval officer
unfairly court-martialed. It is the original "Top Gun."

-Matt

* You'll also see Lionel Barrymore (Old Man Potter) in there with
Jimmy. In addition to "It's A Wonderful Life" (1946) and "Navy Blue and
Gold", some other movies in which they starred together are:
 1938 - You Can't Take it With You
 1949 - Malaya

To catch some of this, check out a 5-miute short I made:

Bailey & Potter: The Untold Story
http://matt.jensen.tripod.com/baileypotter/

---