Re: apple Sauced again

From: Eugene Leitl (Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 16:53:31 PPET

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Wilfredo Sanchez wrote:

> Oh, a shocker: we support USB. Some USB mice have multiple buttons.
> Wonder what people will think if we start supporting the "Windows" key
> on MS keyboards...

Apple has discoved multibutton mice. Omigod. Apple has discovered Unix,
for the second time. What next, Apple will rediscover America? Sliced
bread? Fire?

Your hardware is nice at times, and certainly nicely homogenous to develop
for, but too expensive and not keeping up with the bleeding edge, because
the volume is low. The system software, well. Nothing exciting. GUI is not
too bad, but have you checked out Linux window managers lately?
Enlightenment? KDE 2.0?

I don't know where the hot innovative stuff happens these days, but
certainly not at Apple. QNX, Linux (not the architecture), wearable
people, maybe Sony. Where else? You tell me.