Re: The funniest thing I've seen in a while

From: John Klassa (klassa@mail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 12:07:04 PPET

  Wayne> Nope. It's insipient, a real word:
  Wayne> Insipient
  Wayne> In*sip"i*ent (?), a. [L. insipiens; pref. in- not + sapiens
  Wayne> wise.] Wanting wisdom; stupid; foolish. [R.] Clarendon. --
  Wayne> n. An insipient person. [R.] Fryth.

Interesting... When you first posted, I tried:

        http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary

It doesn't have "insipient", but gives you the option to see
"incipient", which has an entirely different meaning.

        http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=incipient

I then got to wondering what you thought was wrong with the article you
read. :-)

John

--
John Klassa / klassa@mail.com