Check out VotePledge.org

From: Lorin Rivers (lrivers@realsoftware.com)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 09:15:53 PPET

I'm helping an online campaign to encourage people to vote, called
VotePledge.org. Can you help? To encourage this good work, VotePledge.org
has offered a $10,000 prize to the person who gets the most people to pledge
that they will vote on November 7th. Please help me win by signing the pledge
or work for the award yourself by telling everyone you know about this site.

Besides the award, this is really important work. By not voting, we get
exactly what we deserve -- politicians elected by special interests rather
than people. I, for one, am exercising my franchise. I will vote. And I
encourage you to vote. But you can do even more. And it's easy.
To pledge to vote, go to:

http://www.votepledge.org/index.html?r_id=lWgAAA%3D%3D%0A

Through VotePledge, you can add your name to a simple, non-partisan,
confidential pledge to vote. Then use VotePledge.org to encourage your friends
and colleagues to do the same. VotePledge keeps track of how many people sign
up from your appeal. If you sign up the most people, VOTEPLEDGE WILL
AWARD YOU THE $10,000 VOTEPLEDGE DEMOCRACY AWARD.

Plenty is at stake on November 7th -- a new President, congressional
leadership, the Supreme Court. Nothing could be more important than this
simple act of announcing your personal commitment to democracy.

To act, go to

http://www.votepledge.org/index.html?r_id=lWgAAA%3D%3D%0A

It takes just a minute. Your privacy is guaranteed.

- Lorin Rivers

--

Lorin Rivers 512.263.1233 x712 v Product Manager 512.263.1441 f REAL Software, Inc. mailto:lrivers@realsoftware.com PMB 220 http://www.realsoftware.com 3300 Bee Caves Road, Suite 650 Austin, Texas 78746 REALbasic: the visual, object-oriented BASIC development environment for the Macintosh