Re: you forgot the patriotic orchestral soundtrack

From: Kragen Sitaker (kragen@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 14:18:18 PDT

Tom writes:
> Your fucked fried and feasted on and the best you can do is keep hope
> alive and sin a few sons about how much better it will be when you
> dies and gooona ups ta heben.....WEll fuck all this should not be the case
> in the present situation and people who make it so need perhaps to brush
> up the old spirituals so the next 4/8 years of being a slave to a poor
> choice a little more bearable.

I'm not half as fucked as I would be if I were a slave of a sadistic
master with no legal or social constraints on how badly he could screw
me up, with no ability to leave, isolated from my family, with no hope
of escape in my lifetime.

I might be if I were in prison, especially if I were in prison for
decades or life for a trivial drug charge, as so many people are
today. But that's not the fault of the Republicans, although I'm sure
they'll make it worse.

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves
possess.
                -- Gandalf the Grey [J.R.R. Tolkien, "Lord of the Rings"]