Re: Anti-Linux ads from Microsoft

From: Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 14:13:38 PDT

Tony Finch writes:

> "An open operating system doesn't just have advantages.
>
> "An open operating system can mutate. With Windows 2000 however all
> software and services from one source. This saves time and money.
> More information under www.microsoft.com/germany/windows2000"
>
> Or words to that effect...

So saith the software manufacturer which can't even keep the Office
API consistent from version to version, and has incompatibilities even
in the frigging *file formats*. Compare this to *nix or FreeBSD, where
a very small core team is in charge, and despite all forks, only the
Torvalds(tm) kernels qualify as Linux(tm).

I almost rotflmao'd when I've read it (page 58, c't 22/2000). c't is
rather Linux-heavy, for a mainstream technical publication, so it's
nice of Redmond folks to publish the funniest ad I've seen in a while.