Re: mailing list life cycles, bits, and Downside's Deathwatch

From: Jay_Thomas@putnaminv.com
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 06:03:08 PDT

>>The criterion for whether something should be posted to FoRK is, in my
>view, whether people will be interested. If people --- meaning, in
>particular, people *on* *FoRK* --- will be interested, you should post
>it. Long, boring streams of nonsense masquerading as information, like
>Yangkun Zhang has been posting, are not interesting. Complaints about
>what other people are posting, like this post, are not interesting.
>Long .signatures are not interesting. Entire previous quoted posts are
>not interesting.<<

I'm so glad you included that "in my view", because, you see, *I* have
really been enjoying Yangkun's posts, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I've been reading every word. I've found his exchanges with Geege really
interesting, and personally am glad they've been FoRKed. If you're not
enjoying them, killfile him, or just hit delete. Then you and Joebar and JB
can go out and have a beer together and discuss how boring things have
gotten lately on FoRK, and all will be right with the world. Or start FoKS,
and don't invite people who find finance and politics interesting topics.
Fortunately, you're still not the arbiter of all things FoRKable.

--Jay