Rambus comeuppance

From: Robert Harley (Robert.Harley@inria.fr)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 06:24:20 PDT

Anyone who has been following Rambus is probably aware that they seem
to enjoy nothing more than suing other memory manufacturers over
supposed patent violations.

The Register quotes the Finanical Times quoting Intel's Barrett
slamming 'em.

Extractomatic:

>In the interview Barrett admitted: "We made a big bet on
>Rambus and it did not work out," adding that it had been a
>mistake to rely on another company for technology that
>"gates your performance".

>"We hoped we were partners with a company that would
>concentrate on technology rather than seeking to collect a
>toll from other companies."

SyncLink DRAM has already bitten ye proverbial dust. Mmm... yummy dust.

Rambus probably won't follow just yet but they'll be seeing hard times.

Bring on that DDR SDRAM!

Rob.