Re: [FoRK Classic] Man, we needed EditThisPage & Newsblogger in 1995...

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 17:13:17 PDT

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Adam Rifkin wrote:

> There are what, 500 million Web surfers out there?
> And roughly the same amount of email users out there?
> And roughly 100 million instant message users out there?
> But only maybe 10,000 publishers of weblogs.

1,000 of those are not about the daily activities of peoples cats.
100 contain anything approaching "useful" information.
10 meta-sites gather up anything interesting from those (with high overlap).
And egroups, collects all the porn.

Why is this a bad thing? Even if _all_ the interesting people in the world
put out something newsy say once a month, Keeping 10 sites full would be a
good trick.

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg - beberg@mithral.com
  CTO, Mithral Communications & Design Inc.
  Home of the Cosm Project
  http://www.mithral.com/