RE: Mary Gentle [was Re: The Armageddon Rag]

From: Meltsner, Kenneth (Kenneth.Meltsner@ca.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 07:11:31 PDT

The Ash books are almost all out in the US -- #4 is expected in a month or so. They were published by Avon and slightly re-written to cope with the split into 4 bindings. The Ash hardcover is listed at 17 pounds, which means it might be worth buying it from the UK instead of waiting for another $6.50 paperback.

Of interest to geeks is Gentle's novella _To his own devices_, in the British _Scholars and Soldiers_, that involves hypertexts and her favorite, recurring Architect as well as computer-brain interfaces, artificial intelligences and a repressive British government. It's worth tracking down, poss. at Amazon.co.uk, since the same volume also has stories linked to _Rats and Gargoyles_ and _The Architecture of Desire_. [Note: My collection's at home and I'm at work -- I may have some of the titles wrong.]

Ken Meltsner
Link Architect
Computer Associates