Re: Stupid Idea Series # uhhhhhh

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 09:05:38 -0800

This could be sort of like a "real" idea lab. Members sign up
and post whatever stupid ideas they have for companies that they
may or may not have time to pursue. Ideas can
get rated among members, and the owners of the site could filter
the best ideas to the incubator labs. If an idea takes off,
then they can be compensated in a couple ways.

First, every new member receives stock options similar to what
ecompare.com does with giving a small amount of stock to anyone
who's interested. People that post an idea that get some number
of stars get a couple tens of bonus shares sort of like Ebay ratings.

The second way would be just to have the interested party
compensate people for ideas that get
picked up without the controlling factor. It would seem that if
a potential funder liked an idea, they'd contact the person who
submitted the idea. There might be cases where ideas get stolen
and pursued with their own team, but that happens in the VC world too.
In this way it'd be sort of a garage.com.

--
Greg Bolcer
email: gbolcer@endtech.com