Re: UC Irvine get Broadcom money

Steve Dossick (sdossick@cs.columbia.edu)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:48:02 -0500 (EST)

It would be interesting to make a plot of various engineering
school renaming-donations to see how much the average school costs,
or how much one of the top 10- 20- or 30- ranked schools cost to
name. Columbia's School of Engineering is now the (I kid you not)
"Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science", after a
donation of $26M.

The standard joke on campus is that we're now lobbying heavily the Bar
Foundation, as well as Calvin Klein's Foundation (CK)...

-s