Re: Console Gamers to outnumber PC Gamers by 2002

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endTECH.com)
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 17:07:41 -0800

Tom, my boy, you probably missed my witty and informative post
about the grand old Playstation Tool--a Linux-based, super
fast graphics workstation. You see, when the majority of developers
use the consoles to build games for the consoles, it all just starts
feeding on itself. [1] Everyone knows gamers prefer consoles, pornographers
prefer PCs. By the way, I just ordered one of these $192 little gems.[2]
A CD64 allows you to back up your own cartridge games to hard disk
or burn dozens of then to a CD. From there you can do all sorts of
cracking on all the games, including writing or modifying their own games
and reloading them to cartridge. Fun stuff, no vinders.

Greg

[1] http://xent.ics.uci.edu/FoRK-archive/nov99/0079.html
[2] http://cd64.com/

--