Re: Today in stocks

Sally Khudairi (sk@zotgroup.com)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 17:42:30 -0500

and speaking of CommerceOne and Marty, did you see their acquisition of last
week?

>E-commerce software provider Commerce One Inc has agreed to buy auction
>software developer CommerceBid.com Inc, a privately held Santa Clara firm,
for >$199m in a cash and stock deal. Commerce One will issue 785,000 shares
and >pay $4.5m in cash for the company, which makes web-based auction and
reverse >auction software called ChannelBid. This technology will be
integrated into >Commerce One's MarketSite procurement extranet portal.
MarketSite operates on >what the company calls its Global Trading Web, which
encompasses sites in the >UK, US, Japan and Australia. The CommerceBid
facility will be maintained by its >new owners as a major development site
for the company.

Cha-ching!

- SaL'