Re: What the heck does Transmeta do???

Kragen Sitaker (kragen@pobox.com)
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:18:10 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, I Find Karma wrote:
> By the way, I don't believe the main argument in this article. If 58%
> of CTOs would switch from Windows if given the chance, then why aren't
> they? MacOS and Linux are still quite viable options out there,

Not if your PCs run Microsoft Outlook, talk to Microsoft Exchange, and
run Microsoft Office for their bread. And Notes isn't viable on Linux,
although it is on MacOS. But MacOS means buying expensive machines.

TurboLinux is outselling NT in Japan's retail software market 10 to 1,
so I hear.
-- http://www.performancecomputing.com/opinions/unixriot/981218.shtml