Re: Yahoo? No, *Net Solutions* is taking over the world...

Kragen (kragen@pobox.com)
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 08:55:53 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, I Find Karma wrote:
> Gordon, I could really use an update as to the status of TLDs... I need
> to read Keith's last three months of TBTF or something...
>
> While I'm on the subject, anyone know the status of Esther Dyson's new
> company-to-be, ICAN, that was supposed to do the domain registration,
> leaving NSOL to do registrar work? Is ICAN still due to launch in June?

ICANN exists since mid-October. www.icann.org.

I don't know much more than that.

Frankly, I think the US gov't's involvement is inappropriate. They
funded the dang thing in the past; they should have just let the IAHC
take over earlier this year instead of interfering and creating
anarchy.

Silence may not be golden, but at least it's quiet.  Don't speak unless you
can improve the silence.  I have often regretted my speech, never my silence.
-- ancient philosopher Syrus (?) via Adam Rifkin, <adam@cs.caltech.edu>