JDK 1.2 Now Y2K compliant!

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endeavors.org)
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 21:36:05 -0800

Terence Sin wrote:

> So does anyone have any lead on why the sudden move on Sun's part to
> rename JDK 1.2 to Java 2? And before they throw a bar mitzvah for Java,
> they might want to consider fixing drawImage(), which is completely
> broken in the final release.

Hey! Is *that* what's been causing my errors! I was at a complete
loss as to why two exact draw Image calls on the same canvas
sometimes one showed up and sometimes didn't.

Maybe they call it Java 2 the same way SGI calls Cosmo Create
3.0 = JDK 1.1.3 and 3.1.1 = JDK 1.1.6. No rhythm nor rationale.

Greg