Re: [ZDNet] Broadband disappoints customers.

Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 14:46:05 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Joachim Feise wrote:
> I Find Karma wrote:
> > While I was sleeping, a small war between cable modems and xDSL
> > continued to gain steam -- especially in light of high speed phone
> xDSL has to come down in price, or @home has to screw up badly.
> Right now, charges of $149-$359/month for ADSL (see
> http://www.concentric.net/products_services/dedicated_access/dsl_access/index.html)
> are way too high. Of course, the Bells fear for their T1 business.

WEll, fromteh sonsumer end of things, there are more than a few folks i
know of with the DSL hook up in thier houses. Once the ISP and the USWest
folks got togther and actualy turned on the pipes, things got much better.

The typical home user is getting hooked up at 256k. With static IPs the
price is comming to about $70 a month (some to the isp some to uswurst).
So far no major clogs or jams reported. ill let you know more when i get
it installed at home in Feb, sneaking in just under the wire for the free
babyCisco and an AT&T phone:)-