RE: Facts About Hotmail's Production OS Environment

Josh Cohen (joshco@microsoft.com)
Fri, 29 May 1998 11:08:47 -0700

Actually, its probably just the the admin had to use ndd
to tweak a few constants in the tcp driver..
dynamic, no reboot, on the fly config.
(Of course on NT you can do this without 10 reboots and some
fucked up registry setting)

any web server with any load on solaris usually needs to
tweak the tcp driver a little..
(no path mtu dicovery, bigger buffer sizes, bigger listen q)
I bet that is the extent of 'modifying suns tcp/ip stack'..