RE: Last Byte

Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Thu, 28 May 1998 17:11:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Josh Cohen wrote:

> I miss the days of dilligently typing in those long code listings..
> well, maybe a little.

Ya know even with my renowned typing and spelling skills.... I waws much
better at th code entry than anyone else in my group of fellow byteheads.
It was almost mantric to me, to type endless rows and columns of op code
or hex. we had a system, my freind ed would read them out, i would type,
and then we would checksum to large glasses of Krausners Iced Tea, l;atter
to be spiked with whatver liquor we could beg steal or borrow.

I remeber one such night, man it was on the old apple ][ ed had, and it
was my turn up at the keyboad. little did my code freinds know bu I came
over to eds house from a stoners party, ya see i was the one floater,
going from group to group partkaking of all thier pleasures. So I was
zonked, i mean spliffed out and 3 feet high and rising. So i sit down in
front of this greener than green monitor, get my fingers ready, and in
comes the stream of numbers and letters being read off to me. I dont
remeber much of that night, but man i was dead on no typos and as a binus
I saw the face of good in the streams of green data.

Ahh the 10th grade, the year i found my own private burning bush, but she
a differnt story all togther.