RE: The Genie is Out of the Bottle

Joe Barrera (joebar@MICROSOFT.com)
Thu, 28 May 1998 12:32:59 -0700

> I am a little confused. I read this the other day,
> but have been unable to confirm whether it was a face,
> flame, or insult.

I will tell you what it was -- it was the worst metaphor I've read all year.
What exactly is dead amber? Is there living amber? How do you delicately
fossilize something? Or is the "they" that is "thoroughly dead" (as opposed
to partially dead?) supposed to be the flies and not the convictions?

- Joe

"The notes blatted skyward as the rose over the Canada geese, feathered
rumps mooning the day, webbed appendages frantically pedaling unseen
bicycles in their search for sustenance, driven by cruel Nature's maxim, 'Ya
wanna eat, ya gotta work,' and at last I knew Pittsburgh." --
<http://www.cs.oberlin.edu/students/sthom/textfiles/stormynight>
http://www.cs.oberlin.edu/students/sthom/textfiles/stormynight

Joseph S. Barrera III
{allegra,ihnp4,decvax}!microsoft!joebar
<http://research.microsoft.com/~joebar/>
The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and do not
reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation.