Re: Prisoner of cyberspace

Joachim Feise (jfeise@ICS.uci.edu)
Tue, 12 May 1998 13:08:18 -0700

Robert Harley wrote:

> Joe wrote:
>
> >Are you guys serious about the difficulty of switching between full-screen
> >apps on the Mac? Even Windows 2.11 had the alt-tab functionality Lloyd
> >mentioned.
>
> That would be because Windows 2.11 couldn't even overlap Windows, and
> made the worst use of screen real-estate known to mankind, right?

That was in Windoze 1. Version 2.x had overlapping windows.
But I guess there was no real need in Win2 for Alt-Tab, since you didn't have
enough memory to run more than 1 program at a time. If MS had implemented
alt-tab, I didn't notice it. But then, Win2 was such crap that I deleted it
after playing with for a couple of days.

JoeF