RE: Microsoft HotMail

Josh Cohen (joshco@microsoft.com)
Mon, 11 May 1998 20:22:49 -0700

Hotmail was developed and built on Unix prior to Microsoft's
purchase.

I don't understand what is noteworthy?

Is it surprising that we haven't dumped an existing working
system for no reason other than to convert for the sake of it?

While I dont have direct knowledge, I would suspect that if
they considered moving it to NT and decided against it that
it was because of the cost and inconvenience of the change and
impact on the business (which runs fine at the moment).

#include <big.disclaimer>
Speaking as myself, not my employer..

Josh