Re: Anniversary motto

David Crook (dcrook@commwerks.com)
Wed, 06 May 1998 17:32:06 -0700

CobraBoy wrote:

> At 3:00 PM -0700 5/6/98, David Crook came up with the following:
>
> > Ron Resnick wrote:
> > > Moral of the story: When you want something,and don't want
> > > to waste time (or money), go to the store that's putting
> > > mom&pop's out of business everywhere. Yay WalMart.
> > >
> > > Ron.
> >
> > You see Ron, the problem here is that I said starting a flame war about
> > Walmart vs Target would be fun. Flame wars do not involve logic or
> > using specific examples to back up your ideas, they involve crass
> > generalizations and making comments about your opponents hygine and
> > other personnal things.
> >
> > Please Ron, don't you see that dressing your children up in Walmart
> > clothes is just condemming them to a life of living in trailer parks and
> > speaking with a drawl. Do you really want your kids watching stock car
> > racing and the Nashville Network when they grow up. Think what you are
> > doing to your children!
> >
> > And your mother dresses you funny too.
>
> I love Dave.

Okay EVERYBODY... group hug time!!! :-)

> Also let's not forget the Price/Costco Vs Sam's Club debate. (and we all
> know Sams' Club is owned by Wal Mart, right?)

I don't do much shopping at the bulk supply places, I generally don't
need any foodstuffs in a 2 quart size or larger except for Cuervo.

My favorite warehouse store is Emilio's Beverage Wherehouse with 2
locations in Bellflower and Cerritos. The only thing that puts these
stores just shy of perfection is that they don't have a drive-through
window and they sell liquor and tabacco products, but no firearms :-(

Dave

--
David Crook
Programmer/Analyst