Re: Patty Murray's "childsafe internet act" -- ugh!

duck (duck@hellskitchen.com)
Sat, 28 Jun 1997 13:48:43 -0400 (EDT)

At 11:02 PM 6/27/97 -0400, Fawn404@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 6/27/97 5:26:12 PM, BAISLEY@FNDCD.FNAL.GOV (I'm not a real
>doofus, but I play one at a national laboratory.) wrote:
>
>>> My bill seeks to bring together the interests and concerns of parents
>>
>>So, cut to the chase and make it a criminal offense for parents to let
>>unsupervised children use computers, read Goosebumps, play with matches,
>>Let's make bad parenting illegal!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Wayne
>
>I was just saying something like that the other day to a friend of mine. I
>couldn't agree more! It's amazing to me that you have to be a certain age to
>drink and vote and you have to have a license to drive, etc., but anyone can
>reproduce and call themselves a parent. Well said. Way to go, Wayne!

"You need a license to fly a plane, you need a license to drive a car,
hell, you even need a license to catch a fish, but they'll let just any
asshole be a father."

- Keanu Reeves in "Parenthood" (transcribed pathetically from memory)

">