RE: how long do systems stay up you ask? a comparison shop.

Joe Barrera (joebar@MICROSOFT.com)
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 22:39:53 -0700

From: Joseph R. Kiniry [SMTP:kiniry@cs.caltech.edu]
Subject: how long do systems stay up you ask? a comparison shop.

> <another NT vs. UNIX post - just ignore me>

Sigh

first, if there is such a command (i'm sure joeB will tell us),
challenge any user on the group to find an NT system that has
stayed
up over, say, a month. you find one, i'll buy you dinner.

I don't know off-hand of an "uptime" equivalent (command-line program
that just tells you uptime). But you can use the Event Viewer to see
when the system was restarted. I looked at MSR, the primary file server
for Microsoft Research, and ATR, the primary domain controller for
Microsoft Research (named back when Research was part of Advanced
Technology & Business Development).

MSR's event log starts at 2/28/97. There are two restarts, one on 5/27
and one on 6/6.
ATR's event log starts at 3/25/97. There are two restarts, one on 3/27
and one on 4/21.

- Joe

Joseph S. Barrera III (joebar@microsoft.com)
http://research.microsoft.com/~joebar
Phone, Office: (415) 778-8227; Cellular: (415) 601-3719; Home: (415)
588-4801