RE: Netnews Flame O' The Day

Robert Harley (Robert.Harley@inria.fr)
Mon, 12 May 1997 21:45:36 +0200 (MET DST)

JoeB wrote:
>To: alt.peeves
>[...]
>Some dipshit airhead sonofa- bitch asshole has further fucked up my
>life by seeing to it that most termcaps have the idea that "xterm" is
>an 80 by 65 line display. For those of us who use the X fucking
>WINDOWS system to display fucking WINDOWS on our fucking workstations,
>80x65 makes as much sense as reclining bucket seats on a bicycle --
>they are too fucking big to fit enough of them on the screen. [...]

Shucks, my complaint would be the opposite, that xterms open as 80x30
or so with a tiny font and I have to enlarge the font and resize to
80x60 or 80x66 or something reasonable thereabouts. Five entire
seconds of mousing around! Argh!

Of course the window I'm using now from Win95 spares me that agony:
it's too small but there's no way to change it :( Anyone know of a
better telnet.exe?

-- Wub.