Re: Salon 21st | Why Bill Gates still doesn't get the Net

James Tauber (jtauber@jtauber.com)
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 01:25:04 +0800

> Joseph S. Barrera, III writes:
> > You know, I went to a BMW dealership the other day, and learned a lot
about
> > BMWs, but none of the salesmen there seemed to know much about Audis.
It was
> > really kind of strange. I guess they really just don't understand
> > automobiles, or the automobile market in general.

One problem with the analogy is that it's one thing for a salesman in a BMW
dealership not to know much about Audis or the automobile market in general.
It's another thing for the CEO of BMW to lack the that knowledge.

That having been said, I did think the analogy was clever and I did get your
point. I'm just being pedantic (as usual)

James