Re: Apple Sauce

Joseph S. Barrera III (joebar@microsoft.com)
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 11:17:24 -0800

From: Kragen Sitaker <kragen@pobox.com>
> But the point is, it's better to have 5+b$ companies that don't try at
> all than 5+b$ companies that try, but don't get it.

Okay, so Microsoft shouldn't even bother trying, right?

I can just see the press release now.

Microsoft (Redmond, WA): In a gesture of support for the open-source
movement,
Microsoft has decided to not release any of its source code. "After
consulting with
the leaders of the open source movement, we realized that it would be better
to keep
our source private than to release it as Apple, IBM, et. al. have done,
under terms
and conditions that offend the open source purists."

- Joe

P.S. Actually, Microsoft does distribute a lot of its source code, and has
done so for years.