RE: Apple Sauce

Tim Byars (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:33:22 -0800

At 7:24 AM -0500 3/24/99, Kragen Sitaker did the job with this:

> Tim Byars writes:
>> Shut the fuck up, take it like a man and deal withit. Show me one other
>> 5+ billion $$$ company that is even trying.

http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,34127,00.html

It sounds to me more like infighting amongst the OSI than any real
issue with what Apple has done.

> IBM. Gateway. Dell. Corel (?). Oracle (?). Inprise (?).
>
> But the point is, it's better to have 5+b$ companies that don't try at
> all than 5+b$ companies that try, but don't get it. It's one thing to
> have almost-free software being passed off as free by some bozo in high
> school; it's much more dangerous to have almost-free software being
> passed off as free by 5+b$ companies.

Well I personally don't see what all the fuss is about. Apple's open
source only affects Apple hardware which nobody has anyway. Right?

Also, are you handling FoRK now? If so it would be nice of the powers
at Fork me - fork you - fork the world, would let us know. Some of us
have filters and color coding to handle incoming mail and the sudden
appearance of unfiltered mail upsets my esthetic of use.

Tim

--

"If at first you don't succeed, come back and we'll beat you again." - Degeneration X

<>tbyars@earthlink.net <>