RE: Lunch at La Casa Rohita...

Sally Khudairi (skhuda@ctp.com)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:58:10 -0500

Be proud, Grasshopper. You are an eager student when faced with delectible
rewards...

Re: Step 0 -- from Larousse to Le Cordon Bleu to CIA, mise en place is the
mantra. i.e., make sure everything is in place and ready to go before you
start!

Step 5 -- learn to love your roots. Stop buying that packaged stuff and keep
1lb. yukon golds or red bliss in the crisper.

Step 6 -- Consorzio roasted garlic oil is highly recommended

Step 8 -- bird won't squish around when knife is sharp [hint, hint!]

Step 10 -- thyme or marjoram would be a more delicate choice than oregano.
Think subtle.

Step 11 -- sense of saltiness depends on source. Try using flaked sea
salt...pure taste without that chemical tang from Diamond or Morton's.

Also curious, what did you serve to drink here?

- S