RE: FW: Dissuading Woodpeckers!

Jim Whitehead (ejw@ICS.uci.edu)
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 17:15:41 -0800

*sigh*

Perhaps I should have read all of Rohit's posts on the matter before
spouting off myself.

Stupidly I assumed that the same subject by the same person twice in a row
meant that it was the same message (I'm a victim of too many list
discussions).

My apologies Rohit, you caught yourself quite well.

- Jim "SoCal is much warmer with my face this red" Whitehead

On Monday, March 23, 1998 10:23 AM, Rohit Khare
[SMTP:rohit@bordeaux.ics.uci.edu] wrote:
> > > Of course, as with all problems in life big and small, XML will solve
> > > this completely, by differentiating between <BIRD>woodpeckers</> and
> > > <WEBBROWSER>woodpeckers</>.
> >
> > Bzzt! Invalid XML!
> >
> > In fact, XML does NOT allow compact end tags -- that would be <BIRD/>
and
> > <WEBBROWSER/> to you, Mister.
>
> Bzzt! Invalid XML!
>
> What kind of idiot can't tell the difference between an open and closed
> element?! It's </BIRD> and </WEBBROWSER> you nincompoop! <BIRD/> begins
AND