Re: [BITS] Skewering AI for Fun and Profit -- 230 Final Exam

John M. Klassa (klassa@aur.alcatel.com)
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 15:07:11 -0500

GAB> what they server thinks they ordered. Perhaps another relevant
GAB> statistic is what percentage of people knowing what they ordered
GAB> and had confirmed it on the large illuminated screen, actually
GAB> turn back and complain to get their order right? I would guess
GAB> it's less than 1 in 5. That's the paradox of fast food.

Reminds me of that scene from Lethal Weapon 2 where Mel Gibson, Danny
Glover and Joe Pesci go through the drive-through... Pesci gets stiffed
and starts griping. "They screw you at the drive-through... They know
you're going to be miles away before you figure it out, so they screw you
at the drive-through. Who gets screwed? Leo gets screwed..."

--
John Klassa / Alcatel Telecom / Raleigh, NC, USA <><