RE: Bill Gates mentions Linux

Lloyd Wood (L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk)
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:36:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, CobraBoy wrote:

> Well as a matter of fact I just got the new Nisus 5.1.2 tonight.

Jim Walker's code rules.

> If your going to argue about Ms Office on the Mac, the blame clearly rests
> on Claris shoulders. They like most other Apple products had it right with
> the XTND file translation technology, but let it wane and rot. The
> translators are for the most part totally useless at this point. Trying to
> open a file with them produces in almost all cases a fairly spectacular
> crash.

Do you have the XTND PowerPC enabler installed? Sounds as if not. The
Claris XTND System file should be 1.3.6 or better. Bug me about
specific translator versions once you've grabbed the minimal set
supplied with Apple's Mac Easy Open distribution on their ftp site.

L.

<L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>PGP<http://www.sat-net.com/L.Wood/>+44-1483-300800x3641