Sweetn Music

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@gambetta.ICS.uci.edu)
Thu, 05 Mar 1998 08:56:55 -0800

What will they think of next.

------- Forwarded Message

From: "Wiley, David" <wiley6@marshall.edu>
To: 'OpenScape' <openscape@openscape.org>
Subject: MusicML
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 11:40:15 -0500

Everyone,

A friend of mine and I have been working on a human-readable markup
language for music. We've initially dubbed it Electronic Music Markup
Language (EMML). We're aware of what's going on with SDML, but believe
that something simpler is better suited to general use on the Internet
(similar to the loose relationship between SGML and HTML or XML). The
ideal end product would be a specification which lets regular
human-beans encode music and functionality in Navigator which both
interprets the tags as sound and formats them visually.

A <i>very</i> early version of our spec is available at

http://webpages.marshall.edu/~wiley6/emml.html

We're wondering if there's any interest in a project of this sort... Any
feedback?

David

David Wiley Whoso danceth not in the circle,
Web Developer knoweth not what cometh to pass.
wiley6@marshall.edu -- Apocryphal Acts of John, 1:95

------- End of Forwarded Message