Re: SIP and Apache

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endTECH.com)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:07:59 -0700

Ian, you are sitting on top of one of the largest corporate investment
firms in history. Cicso typically is not shy of putting large amounts of
money into interesting new technologies. Get off your butt, grab some
money, and go chase it before the bubble breaks.

Call center technologies, particularly unified telephony and customer
interaction software are very hot items. Call center spending
is estimated by CIBC Oppenheimer to be worldwide at $4.5B. Spending
on these type of components range from $12k-$15k per seat. Even better,
the trend is towards different vendors converging toward a common
vision of the call center: a contact center that integrates inbound and
outbound communications, a voice/data switch that includes standard
APIs, supports multimedia relationships including synchronization of
data from different media, and provides a total customer view through
access and integration (distributed or not) with workflow and other
enterprise applications.

Go get 'em.

Greg