Dublin Core RDF question...

I Find Karma (adam@cs.caltech.edu)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:32:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Karen:

I have no idea. I'll forward this to some gooroos I know and see if any
of them have an idea... we all could use a thousand good-karma points...

Adam

> From: "kb eff" <kb@effortlessresumes.com>
> Subject: I have a question about DC RDF
> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 99 14:15:55 PDT
>
> Hello Adam:
>
> I am completely self-taught but read about XML in Scientific American
> and started looking around the web to find out more. Became
> fascinated by RDF and saw the work Dublin Core is doing. Here's my
> question. I integrated Dublin Core RDF Meta tags into a site but Alta
> Vista and Hotbot (for starters) are not reading/registering it and are
> just posting the first part of the <BODY> copy in their search
> results. Should I double up and include the old style META tags too
> or will this totally screw everything up?
>
> I know you don't know me from..., but if you would be gracious enough
> to reply I will award you a thousand good-karma points.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Karen Baird, CPRW

----
adam@cs.caltech.edu

When a meme catches on, it may crystallize whole schools of thought.
Take the "black hole" meme, for instance. As physicist Brandon Carter
has commented in Stephen Hawkings's _A Brief History of Time - A
Reader's Companion_: "Things changed dramatically when John Wheeler
invented the term [black hole]... Everybody adopted it, and from then
on, people around the world, in Moscow, in America, in England, and
elsewhere, could know they were speaking about the same thing." Once
the "black hole" meme became commonplace, it became a handy source of
metaphors for everything from illiteracy to the deficit.
-- Mike Godwin