Re: Staying with Sprint?

Manoj Kasichainula (manojk@io.com)
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 01:41:47 -0500

On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 10:30:04AM -0700, Rohit Khare wrote:
> But I'm dealing with a chickenshit carrier who can't even answer
> their phones. I spent an hour on hold yesterday before getting cut
> off; I've now called over two dozen times to pay my bill and keep
> getting a busy tone. Grumble.

My uncle and mom have Sprint phones. My uncle had to spend a week to
get his voice mail activated properly, and my Mom has spent the last
few months trying to fix what is now a $200 billing mistake.

A friend in Cary, NC (Containment Area for Relocated Yankees), found
that his Sprint phone didn't get proper reception at his
not-out-of-the-way house.

I don't have experience with Sprint yet, but what I've seen so far is
not good.

If you want to travel outside North America anytime soon, you'll want
a GSM phone anyway.

"This letter is clearly the result of too much spinning." -- The Tick