Re: [NYT] First public mention of ad-filtering proxies

Tim Byars (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 19:10:09 -0700

At 06:52 PM 6/7/99, Rohit Khare wrote:
>[High-order bit? Clickthrough is at 0.75% and falling... for
>reference, this is worse than junk mail, and the only lower limit is
>what everyone's fig-leafed about TV until now anyway: the
>"think-through" rate on TV is probably like .01%...]
>
>[Interesting... I was wondering when the media would take note.
>Essentially, this is a reminder that the web industry is at the mercy
>of a certain thin-client specification: the 3.0 Browser. How cool
>would it be to train your browser to not download certain items, to
>"learn" site layout of your personal top ten list, and so on? But
>that would be the Metadata Revolution, on line 3... please hold... RK]

If you ever listened to me Rohit you would have tried out iCab which does
exactly that.

Tim

--
I would never try to do production work on it;
That is like trying to perform brain surgery with garden tools.

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <> icq 3446996