FoRK boys and their toys

Mark Baker (distobj@acm.org)
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 00:17:46 -0500

At 11:11 PM 8/23/99 -0700, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
>Nope, just 8.
>I think the last year the XJ12 was sold was 1996?

Sounds about right. Gee, it was just 19 months ago[1] when I was thinking
(more like dreaming) about getting my own Jag ... XJS of course, as I've
always been into cars for a touch of sportiness (the *look*, not so much
the performance - 0-60 in 5.4s Joe?!).

[1] http://www.xent.com/FoRK-archive/winter96/0147.html

>Here are some links...
>
>http://www.us.jaguar.com/xjr.html
>http://www.edmunds.com/newcars/1999/jaguar/xjseries/xjr.html
>http://verticals.yahoo.com/ipage/autosaic1999jagxjr-----basr4sdn--.html
>http://verticals.yahoo.com/ppage/autosaic1999jagxjr-----basr4sdn--.html

So while Joe's waving his around, I'll take this opportunity to flaunt what
I opted for instead of the XK8 (which isn't a true 4-seater, damnit!); a
Mercedes CLK 320 Cabriolet

http://autos.yahoo.com/ipage/autosaic1999mermerclk--320r2cvt--.html
(with Mercedes-blue and light grey leather)

Congrats Joe. Enjoy.

MB