Re: Prick (v.)

Kragen Sitaker (kragen@pobox.com)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:05:32 -0400 (EDT)

The AP writes, on a news release containing a list of relief agencies:
> Copyright 1999 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news
> report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed
> without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

That has to be the most morally contemptible copyright message I've
ever seen. Not only does it assert a legally indefensible claim to
"the information contained", it forbids you from telling other people
where they can send their money to help earthquake victimes.

Intellectual property is going to take its place alongside genocide,
oppressive pseudo-religion, feudalism, totalitarianism, and terrorism
as the latest of the greatest crime against humanity.

Thu Aug 19 1999
81 days until the Internet stock bubble bursts on Monday, 1999-11-08.